ONTARIO IGUANAS

MY NAME IS ROBIN AND I AM THE FOUNDER OF ONTARIO IGUANAS. I HAVE STARTED TO BREED QUALITY GREEN IGUANA MORPHS IN ONTARIO CANADA. I CURRENTLY OWN TWO COMPLETLY RED GREEN IGUANAS, TWO AXANTHIC GREEN IGUANAS AND ONE REGULAR GREEN IGUNA. HOPING TO GET A PAIR OF ALBINOS IN THE NEAR FUTURE

I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY NEW BLOG!!!

Monday 4 August 2014

MALE AND MALE IGUANA COMBINATION IS NEVER GOOD


 
This is not my iguana, I'm sharing this story on behalf of the owner who recently rescued this guy and is giving him the care he needs. This goes along with my previous post about owning multiple iguana. This male was housed with another male and when the fought the owner at the time wouldn't split it up. You can see the actual jaw marks on this poor boys sides. 
Like I said on my Facebook page these bite marks and gashes could have happened from a female also, iguanas can be extremely aggressive and cause a lot of harm.

So please of you have multiple iguanas as companion pets please house them separately and if they like each other let them roam out of the enclosure together under a watchful eye. Even if the previous owner had of split it up there still would have been sever damage to this guy.

Always watch your iguana(s) body language.

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment