ONTARIO IGUANAS

MY NAME IS ROBIN AND I AM THE FOUNDER OF ONTARIO IGUANAS. I HAVE STARTED TO BREED QUALITY GREEN IGUANA MORPHS IN ONTARIO CANADA. I CURRENTLY OWN TWO COMPLETLY RED GREEN IGUANAS, TWO AXANTHIC GREEN IGUANAS AND ONE REGULAR GREEN IGUNA. HOPING TO GET A PAIR OF ALBINOS IN THE NEAR FUTURE

I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY NEW BLOG!!!

Friday 25 July 2014

GETTING TO KNOW ME

So.... for my first post I figured it would be best to tell you a little about myself and how Ontario Iguanas got started.

Back in 2010 I took Sassy in from a bad home and instantly fell in love. For the next couple years after that I rescued, trained and rehomed many more. Then I decided to get a red male to keep as part of my family. That's when my boyfriend and I rescued Billy, he started off very shy since he wasn't handled regularly, but he came around fast once he was with us with love and proper food and a good enclosure. I had two more iguana after that I worked with and re-homed. Lola was a three year old female and then there was MJ, a male I was given as a present since it was believed to be a female, when we found out it wad a male I had to rehome him since I have Billy and he is doing great in his new home.

(for info on the iguana I rescued and rehomed I have a video of my YouTube page dedicated to them with their stories)

It was in 2013 that I decided to get into breeding green iguana morphs (I do not and will not breed regular green iguanas). They are very hard to find in Canada and I wanted to help bring them here as well as it would help slow down the number of iguana that are imported from the US.

April 4th 2013 was the day I received my axanthic green iguanas Molly and Pip, they were a big jump forward for me as I now had a male-female pair of axanthics that are very hard to find in Canada. Shortly after purchasing them I took in another ig and had her shipped to me from Ottawa Canada, Phoenix is now her name. I now had a red and an axanthic green iguana breeding pair.

So that is how Ontario Iguanas got started but its so much more than just breeding quality iguana morphs but ill save that for my next blog.

I hope you enjoyed reading my blog, it's my first ever entry some hope it was alright.

Until next time..



Robin

2 comments:

  1. Cool story! I look forward to reading your daily posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story and nice background. This is iguana_whisperer from instagram

    ReplyDelete