ONTARIO IGUANAS

MY NAME IS ROBIN AND I AM THE FOUNDER OF ONTARIO IGUANAS. I HAVE STARTED TO BREED QUALITY GREEN IGUANA MORPHS IN ONTARIO CANADA. I CURRENTLY OWN TWO COMPLETLY RED GREEN IGUANAS, TWO AXANTHIC GREEN IGUANAS AND ONE REGULAR GREEN IGUNA. HOPING TO GET A PAIR OF ALBINOS IN THE NEAR FUTURE

I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY NEW BLOG!!!

Sunday 10 August 2014

THIS WEEKS NUTRITIONAL NEEDS

This post will show the process I go though every week to prepare the salads I need for the week for all 5 of my iguana :)

I purchased 6 bundles of collard greens, 5 bundles of escarole, one large acorn squash and a bag of parsnip.

This is just the collard... what a bunch of greens.
 
 
 
I start by first cutting up al the greens, starting with the collard greens. Now because I have different age gasps with my iguanas I always cut the largest part of the stem out of the leave to avoid having a choking hazard.
 
Then I continue to cut up the escarole greens.
Next I have the scorn squash and parsnip, I forgot to take a picture of it but I first take the squash and remove each end then chop the skin off of it. Then after its peeled I cut away all the big pieces they can eat and leave being the center eggs.


 
Continuing on to the parsnip, I take off the ends and slice it into strips then chop into fine bite size pieces that my smallest if will be able to eat.
 
I finish up by putting the food onto their dishes and dish up the salad they will eat today. Phoenix, Billy and Sassy all have their own dishes for each day, Molly and Pip have giant containers that dish up each morning into their enclosure dishes. As well as it gives me leftover to use for my his when they are extra hungry :)

 
I gave them a treat as well, the salads they had today had raspberries, least to say is they ate them fast!!!
 
 
This is what I get to do once a week :) makes my life so much easier with the prepaid salads :)
 
 
 
ROBIN

No comments:

Post a Comment