ONTARIO IGUANAS

MY NAME IS ROBIN AND I AM THE FOUNDER OF ONTARIO IGUANAS. I HAVE STARTED TO BREED QUALITY GREEN IGUANA MORPHS IN ONTARIO CANADA. I CURRENTLY OWN TWO COMPLETLY RED GREEN IGUANAS, TWO AXANTHIC GREEN IGUANAS AND ONE REGULAR GREEN IGUNA. HOPING TO GET A PAIR OF ALBINOS IN THE NEAR FUTURE

I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY NEW BLOG!!!

Sunday 14 September 2014

PROFESSIONAL ENCLOSURES

So this post goes along with my last post about homemade enclosures.

All the ensure can be made at home if you have the skills with the power tools. These enclosure are made from thicker and nicer materials. These enclosures looks a lot better and cleaner however it cost a lot more to make them like this. Here are the enclosures that my boyfriend and I had made for us.
.
 
At the time we had these made my boyfriend had a god friend who worked at a cabinet factory. He made these for us for just the cost of the materials and they bought the materials cheaper than what we can get them for. So we got an excellent deal on these. I believe Billy's was $150 and Phoenix's was $100
Billy's enclosure is about 6x3x3 and Phoenix' is 5x4x2
 
 
So when you are thinking about building your iguana (or other lizard/snake) an enclosure there are many things to think about, how big it ends to be, how long until my lizard out grows it, what your budget is and if you are making it or have it made for you. Always draw out what you what it to look like prior to making it so you can fully see and visualize if it will fit for your iguana.
 
Things I would change if I re-di either of them, one would be the doors on Billy' enclosure, I would make them extend all the way to the bottom of the enclosure like Phoenix's, this would allow more light in the bottom and make it easier to clean. Secondly I would make Phoenix's enclosures little bigger but I love the design of he's more than the rest of my enclosures. 
 
 
You may have noticed I do not have any domes in these enclosures, as I stated in my last blog I am taking all the domes out and replacing them with light fixtures.
 
 

This is what I use for the heat light. The only thing missing from this picture is the metal bracket that is used to mount the fixture to the enclosure. Then all you need to do is drill a hole where the bracket is going for the cord to go out of. The cords that I use are called lamp replacement cords, so they have a on/off switch bout halfway down the cord. For the UV light fixture I just use a normal 18inch light fixture that you can purchase at any home improvement center.

I find these fixtures to look a lot cleaner than the domes and if you have a dome inside an enclosure this will open it up more and allow the light to expand more.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact me on my instagram or Facebook page.


Robin




No comments:

Post a Comment