ONTARIO IGUANAS

MY NAME IS ROBIN AND I AM THE FOUNDER OF ONTARIO IGUANAS. I HAVE STARTED TO BREED QUALITY GREEN IGUANA MORPHS IN ONTARIO CANADA. I CURRENTLY OWN TWO COMPLETLY RED GREEN IGUANAS, TWO AXANTHIC GREEN IGUANAS AND ONE REGULAR GREEN IGUNA. HOPING TO GET A PAIR OF ALBINOS IN THE NEAR FUTURE

I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY NEW BLOG!!!

Thursday 13 November 2014

UNDER THE STAIRS IGUANA ENCLOSURE

So as most of you know for the past couple months we have ben renovating our basement which is also our reptile room. It was just finished this past Sunday so I have been getting the cages ready to move them back in and just started doing so today.

All my iguanas needed to be moved to a larger enclosure so I came up with an idea and drawing of a large enclosure underneath the stair case for my larger male Billy. This would open up his larger enclosure he was currently in, Phoenix will be getting his old enclosure once everything is done however Molly is currently in it.

So on Sunday we did the framework for the enclosure and the last couple days I have been putting up the Plexiglas, made the door and then filled it with shelves and branches to climb on. I am really happy with how the enclosure turned out and its a great way to use up that space. If you haven't seen the picture of it yet here it is....

 
 
Now just to clear something up, yes Phoenix is in the enclosure with Billy however they are housed separately. She was just in there to look around and explore.
 
So that is what his finished enclosure looks like, I love how it turned out! I didn't go all the way to the end of the stairs for a few reasons...
1. My cats litter box used to go there so I left room for it but now I'm going to move it out of that room completely.
2. Its a very awkward angle and if I needed to clean in there it would just be to much. If you Wanted to use this idea and go all the way to the end I would suggest putting a small second door near the end to help with cleaning.
 
 
Because most of the frame work was there already (the two walls) the only big expense for this was the Plexiglas for the windows. I don't know why its so expensive but it looks so much better than chicken wire or aluminum mesh that its worth it.
 
 
 So this is the light set up that I'm using for his new enclosure, if you'd like to learn how to easily put a built in heat fixture click
here to see my YouTube video for full instructions and detail
 
Thanks for reading!!
Robin

1 comment: